We are available for all kinds of private parties and celebrations in the evenings. Tucked away in an old cutlery works with a courtyard in Sheffield, we are a great venue for any occasion. Whether it be an intimate dinner party, corporate event or a special birthday we are the place for your celebration. Just email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can begin to help you plan your party!
- Dinner Parties/Pre-Wedding Dinners
- Hen Parties/Baby Showers
- Gallery Events/Drinks & Canapies
- Corporate Events/Cheese & Wine Evenings
You may want a sit-down dinner, traditional pie & peas, prosecco and canapes or just a good old knees up! Whatever the occasion, we'll create a delicious spread for you and your guests. Layout of the cafe changes depending on numbers and the occasion.
See our delicious menus and choose the food to suit your occasion. Bookings for 50 or more will not incur a hire charge. If numbers fall below the minimum, we reserve the right to apply a hire charge. We need final numbers and balance of payment by 7 days before your event.
We do not allow guests to bring their own food or drink. One 'occasion' cake is the only exception to this and we will cut and distribute this to your guests at no charge. We can also provide occasion cakes if you require.
All alcohol consumed must be purchased on the premises and we do not offer a corkage option. We are fully licensed and have draft beer and lager, bottled beers, a selection of wines by the glass or bottle and a range of spirits. Anyone consuming their own alcohol will be asked to leave the event.
Our license permits alcohol to be served until 11pm. If you wish to extend this, there's a charge of £100 to extend to midnight – with everyone leaving the premises half an hour after this. We need a minimum of two weeks' notice to arrange a license extension.
50 guests is our minimum for an evening booking with a £375 minimum spend on food. We can accommodate up to 60 seated or 100 standing. We also have use of an outside courtyard, where guests can take the air or enjoy drinks on a balmy summer evening.
Once you've decided that we're the right place for you, just arrange to see us and chat through all the details. We require a £100 deposit to secure the date. Deposits are non-refundable should you cancel the booking. We will invoice you for pre-ordered food and any licence fees prior to the party. At this point, just call in and confirm all the details and make payment to us one week in advance of the event by BACS, cash or card. Drinks reception and any additional drinks can be settled on the evening.
You can bring along a band or DJ to add to the occasion or plug your ipod or ipad into our music system and play your own playlists. We reserve the right to adjust the sound levels to keep our neighbours happy and we'll make sure there's some space for dancing!
We supply candles on every table, and with our dimmed overhead lighting, this creates a lovely ambience. Where we do not mind if you bring along balloons or any other personal decorations, we do ask that you remove them at the end of the party and that you avoid glitter and table confetti. Fresh flowers on the tables can be requested at an extra charge.
If you're looking for an intimate and friendly venue to celebrate your wedding, then the Harland could be the ideal place! We can accommodate around 55 for a wedding breakfast or up to 80 for a buffet.
Menu 1 – £7.50
Light Bites & Savouries
Select 4 from the following:
- Selection of premium sandwiches (V & GF available)
- Honey-glazed sausages with a tomato & chilli chutney
- Selection of homemade quiches
- Onion bhajis with minted yoghurt (V)
- Tyrells Crisps
- Red pepper houmous with vegetable crudities & breadsticks (V)
- Homemade sausage rolls – pork or vegetarian (V) with caramelised onion chutney
- Mixed olives with feta & sundried tomatoes (V) (GF)
- Vegetable Samosas (V)
- Grilled haloumi squares with a lemon pesto dressing (V) (GF)
Menu 2 - £8.95
Hot Fork Buffet
Select one meat and one vegetarian option:
- Cod & Chorizo Fishcakes with sweet potato wedges and a sweet chilli mayonnaise
- Seafood Pie topped with creamy mashed potatoes and served with garden peas
- Moroccan Tagine with spicy cous cous (V)
- Cajun Chicken Fillet with sweet potato wedges and a corn salsa
- Greek Feta & Spinach Pie with a crispy filo topping served with chopped herb salad (V)
- Sausage & Mash – Cumberland Sausages with cheddar mash and a rich onion gravy
Menu 3 – £8.50
Canapes & Prosecco
Includes a glass of Prosecco or Sparkling Elderflower Presse and 4 canapes per person from the selection below:
- Smoked salmon & cream cheese blinis
- Homemade sausage rolls with caramelised onion
- Spinach & Pine Nut bites (V)
- Selection of mini tartlets (V)
- Black Pudding with blue cheese & beetroot toasties
- King Prawns with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Sweet Potato Pakoras with minted yoghurt (V)
- Stuffed Olives (V)
- Crostini with olive tapenades (V) or pate
- Bruschetta with creamy mushrooms (V)
Menu 4 – £8.95
Pie & Peas
Homemade pies with a crumbly golden pastry, served with minted mushy peas and rich gravy
- Meat & Potato
- Steak, Chorizo, Olive & Butterbean
- Chicken, Leek & Mushroom
- Sweet Potato & Leek in a creamy dijon sauce (V)
- Mushroom, Asparagus & White Wine (V)
- Chestnut, Spinach & Blue Cheese (V)
Pies are also available gluten free
Menu 5 – £16.95
Prosecco Reception & Two-course Dinner
Choice of two mains and two desserts:
Mains will be accompanied by two sides from the list below
- Poached Salmon with a creamy watercress sauce
- Steak, chorizo, olive & butterbean pie
- Mushroom, asparagus & white wine pie (V)
- Spanish pork & chorizo stew
- Fennel & Lemon risotto (V)
- Thai fishcakes with a zesty lime mayonnaise
- Pancetta & Leek risotto
- Red Lentil & Aubergine Lasagne (V)
- Rosemary roast potatoes
- Spicy sweet potato wedges
- Baby Leaf Salad with a vinaigrette dressing
- Minted new potatoes
- Moroccan couscous
- Selection of breads
- Seasonal vegetables
Served with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream
- Chocolate brioche bread & butter pudding
- Lemon meringue trifle
- Apple, pear & walnut crumble
- Eton mess
- Vanilla cheesecake with a raspberry coulis