We are available for all kinds of private parties and celebrations in the evenings. Tucked away in an old cutlery works with a courtyard in Sheffield, we are a great venue for any occasion. Whether it be an intimate dinner party, corporate event or a special birthday we are the place for your celebration. Just email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can begin to help you plan your party!
- Dinner Parties/Pre-Wedding Dinners
- Hen Parties/Baby Showers
- Gallery Events/Drinks & Canapies
- Corporate Events/Cheese & Wine Evenings
50 adult guests is our minimum for an evening booking and a hire charge of £150 applies to all events. We can accommodate a formal or informal layout for up to 55 seated or 90 standing. We also have use of an outside courtyard, where guests can take the air or enjoy drinks on a balmy summer evening.
You may want a sit-down dinner, traditional pie & peas, prosecco and canapes or just a good old knees up! Whatever the occasion, we'll create a delicious spread for you and your guests. Layout of the cafe changes depending on numbers and the occasion.
See our delicious menus and choose the food to suit your occasion. Food must be ordered for everyone attending. and we need final numbers for this approximately 2 weeks before your event.
We do not allow guests to bring their own food or drink. One decorated 'occasion' cake is the only exception to this and we will cut and distribute this to your guests at no charge. We can also provide occasion cakes if you require.
All alcohol consumed must be purchased on the premises and we do not offer a corkage option. We are fully licensed and have draft beer and lager, bottled beers, a selection of wines by the glass or bottle and a range of spirits. Anyone consuming their own alcohol will be asked to leave the event.
Our license permits alcohol to be served until 11pm. If you wish to extend this, there's a charge of £100 to extend to midnight – with everyone leaving the premises half an hour after this. We need a minimum of three weeks' notice to arrange a license extension.
You can bring along a band or DJ to add to the occasion or plug your ipod or ipad/laptop into our music system and play your own playlists. We reserve the right to adjust the sound levels to keep our neighbours happy and we'll make sure there's some space for dancing!
We supply candles on every table, and with our dimmed overhead lighting, this creates a lovely ambience. Whilst we do not mind if you bring along balloons or any other personal decorations, we do ask that you remove them at the end of the party and that you avoid glitter and table confetti. Fresh flowers on the tables can be requested at an extra charge.
Once you've decided that we're the right place for you, just arrange to see us and chat through all the details. We require a £100 deposit to secure the date, which will be deducted from your final invoice. Deposits are non-refundable should you cancel your booking. We will invoice you for food, hire charge and any licence fees prior to the party. At this point, just call in and confirm all the details and make payment to us one week in advance of the event by BACS, cash or card. Drinks reception and any additional drinks can be settled on the evening.
If you're looking for an intimate and friendly venue to celebrate your wedding, then the Harland could be the ideal place! We can accommodate up to 50 for a wedding breakfast or up to 80 for a buffet. We will help you create an unforgettable occasion for you and your family & friends. We can advise you on all aspects of the day to ensure it's perfect in every way.
Menu 1 – £8.25
Light Bites & Savouries
Select 4 from the following:
- Selection of premium sandwiches
- Honey-glazed sausages with a tomato & chilli chutney
- Selection of homemade quiches
- Onion bhajis with minted yoghurt (V)
- Tyrells Crisps
- Red pepper houmous with vegetable crudities & breadsticks (V)
- Homemade sausage rolls – pork or vegetarian (V) with caramelised onion chutney
- Vegetable Samosas (V)
Menu 2 - £9.50
Hot Fork Buffet
Select one meat and one vegetarian option:
- Cod & Chorizo Fishcakes with sweet potato wedges and a sweet chilli mayonnaise
- Seafood Pie topped with creamy mashed potatoes and served with garden peas
- Moroccan Tagine with spicy cous cous (V)
- Cajun Chicken Fillet with sweet potato wedges and a corn salsa
- Greek Feta & Spinach Pie with a crispy filo topping served with chopped herb salad (V)
- Sausage & Mash – Cumberland Sausages with cheddar mash and a rich onion gravy
Menu 3 – £9.25
Canapes & Prosecco
Includes a glass of Prosecco or Sparkling Elderflower Presse and approx 5 canapes per person from a selection of the list below:
- Smoked salmon & cream cheese blinis
- Homemade sausage rolls with caramelised onion (inc. V)
- Selection of mini tartlets (inc. V)
- Haloumi skewers (V)
- King Prawns with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Mini Yorkshire Puddings
- Stuffed Olives (V)
- Crostini with olive & sundried tomato tapenades (V)
Menu 4 – £9.50
Pie & Peas
Homemade pies with a crumbly golden pastry, served with mushy peas and rich Hendo's gravy or vegetarian gravy. Choose one meat & one vegetarian option
- Meat & Potato
- Steak, Chorizo, Olive & Butterbean
- Chicken, Leek & Mushroom
- Sweet Potato & Leek in a creamy dijon sauce (V)
- Mushroom, Asparagus & White Wine (V)
- Chestnut, Spinach & Blue Cheese (V)
* available gluten free on request
Menu 5 – £18.50
Prosecco Reception & Two-course Dinner (AVAILABLE FOR 45-55 GUESTS)
Choice of two mains and two desserts:
Mains will be accompanied by two sides from the list below
- Poached Salmon with a creamy watercress sauce
- Steak, chorizo, olive & butterbean pie
- Mushroom, asparagus & white wine pie (V)
- Spanish pork & chorizo stew
- Thai fishcakes with a zesty lime mayonnaise
- Pancetta & Leek Risotto
- Red Lentil & Aubergine Lasagne (V)
- Rosemary roast potatoes
- Spicy sweet potato wedges
- Baby Leaf Salad with a vinaigrette dressing
- Minted new potatoes
- Moroccan couscous
- Selection of breads
- Seasonal vegetables
Served with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream
- Chocolate brioche bread & butter pudding
- Lemon meringue trifle
- Apple, pear & walnut crumble
- Eton mess
- Vanilla cheesecake with a raspberry coulis